1 (of winds) coming from the land; "offshore winds" [ant: inshore]
2 at some distance from the shore; "offshore oil reserves"; "an offshore island" adv : away from shore; away from land; "cruising three miles offshore" [ant: onshore]
moving away from the shore
located in the sea away from the coast
- Spanish: mar adentro
located in another country
- Away from the shore.
- At some distance from the shore.
away from the shore
- Finnish: merellä
at some distance from the shore
- Finnish: rannasta
- To use foreign labour to substitute for local labour.
The term Offshore may refer to:
- Offshoring, active movement of companies to offshore centres
- Offshore financial centre, jurisdictions which transact financial business with non-residents.
- Offshore bank, relates to the banking industry in offshore centres.
- Offshore company
- Offshore construction, relates to construction out to sea.
- Offshore investment, relates to the wider financial services industry in offshore centres.
- Offshore fund, collective investment in offshore centres.
- Offshore trust, trust arranged in offshore jurisdictions
- Offshore (novel), a 1979 British novel by Penelope Fitzgerald.
offshore in German: Offshore
offshore in Modern Greek (1453-): Offshore
offshore in Esperanto: Offshore
offshore in French: Offshore
offshore in Italian: Offshore
offshore in Japanese: オフショア (曖昧さ回避)
offshore in Portuguese: Offshore (desambiguação)
offshore in Russian: Офшор
offshore in Ukrainian: Офшор